Pam's Place

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Tea

I am one that really enjoys learning about local history--there is so much in Colorado alone to discover! I like visiting museums, going on house tours, & attending lectures. Of all the more well known spots in Denver, I have never visited The Brown Palace--never even set foot inside the door (and with the scores of weddings I've been to, you would think one would have been there!). That changed today. My dear friend Kathy invited me to tea as a special birthday treat--and it truly was a treat! I certainly was spoiled this afternoon! We drove up to the front door, handed the keys to the valet, and strolled right in to a classy, lovely setting. At our table for two, we leisurely sipped aromatic hot teas, listened to the harpist as she played, filled our tummies with tasty scones, yummy sandwiches, and then did our best to share each of the desserts (such a variety and we wanted to sample each one!) As I sat and looked at the architecture, I tried to imagine what it would have been like 100 years ago in that very spot. A different way of dress, and certainly a different way of life, yet then as today, tea was welcome and enjoyed.

7 Comments:

  • OOOOOOOO!!!! I want to go there and have tea! I'm so glad you had such a lovely day. You totally deserve it!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/03/2005 10:56 PM  

  • Looks very cool! Did you save us any sconces?!?

    By Blogger Stacy, at 8/03/2005 11:48 PM  

  • OMGosh what a wonderful place. I want to go too! So glad you had this delightful experience and shared it with us. Ever since living in England I adore tea and scones, especially orange scones. :0)

    By Blogger Betty Jo, at 8/04/2005 4:15 AM  

  • Thanks Pam! I've been a little homesick for Denver and this really hit the spot for me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/04/2005 6:02 PM  

  • Thanks for sharing this Tea Story with us. What a nice treat from your friend. That Brown Palace realy is like a fairy tale. I peeped in the bedrooms and suites....fabulous! Again, TFS!

    By Blogger Riet Kamstra, at 8/05/2005 5:00 AM  

  • Ah, Pam - perhaps you have the historic architecture bug now? I hope so. And the Brown - what a gorgeous landmark. Our cultural heritage sings to our past and contributes to our quality of life today. We all need to discover and love it more. Good for you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/18/2005 6:48 PM  

  • History & architecture are things that I love too! One of these days I'm going to make it back to Denver & we can go check things out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2005 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home