Pam's Place

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

::Hockey::


There’s been a little buzz of excitement and anticipation among some friends & co-workers this week—we are thrilled with the comeback of NHL hockey! After a season without actual play, and only those long, getting-nowhere negotiations, it’s great to think that we can get back into the swing of things. Over the past year so many people have asked me if I’ve been upset about the hockey lockout, or if I’ve really missed it, and the answers are ‘no’. There is more to life than hockey! I don’t live and breathe hockey--I simply really enjoy it. I missed that there were not games to attend, but believe me, that time was filled in so many other ways instead. Now that the negotiations have finished, and the new rules are set in place, we can move forward. Entry draft, free agents, practices, negotiations, and wondering which of “my boys” will still be with my team—lots goin’ on in the next couple of months, but then, the regular season begins. I can’t wait to bring the jersey out of hiding, slip it on and head down to the Pepsi Center for several games this season with my lower-priced-for-05/06 ticket…..

3 Comments:

  • Yeah I'm glad that I can post here now! We're not huge on hockey, but I do like to watch the games sometimes. Hopefully the tickets are cheaper here now too. I'll look into it. Maybe we can go to a few games this year too! How funny, your two posts are from Starla, and Carla. You don't see that everyday! LOL!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/28/2005 12:32 PM  

  • Hey Famn! Thanks for sending me your "blog spot." Hopefully I can get to know you again through this. I look forward to your future postings!

    Love ya,

    Hall-eye

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/28/2005 4:45 PM  

  • Hi Pam,
    I hope you don't mind that I followed the link to your blog from Carla's.
    I love your layouts at SBB so thought I'll bet she writes a good blog too, and so you do.
    I'm a "scrappingranny" like your mom, and I sure love her work too.
    Your NHL story was interesting. I'm not sure of the details of the contract but I know we are now hoping to get our NHL franchise back in my city which would be a very good thing.
    Hugs!!
    Lynda C (funwithpics at SBB)

    By Blogger Lynda C, at 7/31/2005 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home