Pam's Place

Monday, September 19, 2005

Study


For quite awhile I've been very interested in floral design. I'm not a gardener--I'm really not that great with growing things, but I would like to be able to take what someone has grown and arrange it in to a piece of art. Or at least, a lovely bouquet ready for delivery! I finally decided to give it a try--and I need training for that. Tonight, I begin my study with Kaz (the instructor)--three nights a week for the rest of the fall I will be in class learning all I can. I really like working with my hands, I like pretty things, I have creativity, and with my interest, this could work. I don't know what will happen beyond my class as far as a job/career, or owning a shop (cousin Roxanne has found the perfect place for me in England though!), but first things first. I have my school supplies--notebook, pens and a camera. (I wonder if a few of my class project photos will end up in a digital scrapbook layout!) Looking forward to starting--not the commute part and getting home late, but the having my brain absorb something new and seeing if I'm any good at design--I sure hope I like it!
(Photo--image from internet, not my work--but maybe someday!)

3 Comments:

  • I'm sure you'll LOVE it, and I'm sure you'll be awesome at it! I sure hope you'll do some layouts of your arrangements. I'd love to see them. Good luck, and keep us posted!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/19/2005 10:15 PM  

  • Pam - this is gorgeous! What an ideal creative outlet for you. And you're right - "your" floral shop awaits! In historic charming downtown Buxton, England, in the heart of the Peaks District National Park. It had your name all over it. Keep it up and create away! Love from your cousin, Roxanne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/21/2005 7:11 AM  

  • Nah...
    I know your talents well enough to say that you can do better than that internet photo...

    Kristin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/05/2005 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home