Pam's Place

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

School Kits

You may have read my August 23rd entry about school kits I've put together for children overseas--this same organization collects kits for school children right here in the US. And I know you're all aware of the great need there is to aid the victims of Hurican Katrina, to help them get back on their feet. Right here at the start of the school year, kids have lost so much, including their school supplies. I've heard on the news about the kids that have been enrolled in schools across our nation--that's a lot to adjust to! New state, home, faces, school, environment--how overwhelming! As you continue to give of your resources, consider one other option--making a School Tools kit (or two or three!) for these little American citizens.

2 Comments:

  • Great Idea P! I'm going out tomorrow. I'll print out the list, and my kids can do one each! Thanks for reminding us of the importance of this!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/07/2005 11:58 PM  

  • This is really a thoughtful post Pam. Having the "right stuff" on their first day of school in totally new surroundings will make a huge difference to these kids who have already had their lives turned around.
    Hugs!!
    Lynda C.

    By Blogger Lynda C, at 9/16/2005 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home