Pam's Place

Thursday, December 01, 2005

::Blossoms of Light::






For the past week or so, I've seen houses and businesses lit up in all sorts of colors and decorations in anticipation of Christmas--I've even wrapped my balcony railing with white lights to lend a bit of cheer to the area I live in. I really enjoy seeing the various things people string, and then can I ooo and awww (and sometimes eeeuuw!) Tonight, the first night of December, Austin & I met up with Mom, Sarah, Robb, Noah & Lacey to stroll through the Denver Botanic Gardens in the preview night (free!) of the annual Blossoms of Light display. Trees, bushes, arches, and fountains are loaded with millions of lights giving the gardens a festive looking landscape. Plenty to ooo and aww at. And plenty of spots to smooch, as mistletoe is hung in many places! It's a cold night in Denver, but we bundled up warm--Noah was sure to let me know he had two pairs of pajamas on under his clothes!--and drank hot cider and cocoa with big marshmallows (a hit with Noah and his Grammie). Fun night--it was good to be out enjoying the holiday atmosphere with family...
(Photo: message on the hillside at the Gardens)

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like you had a wonderful time Pam! You all deserve a happy holiday season!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/01/2005 11:01 PM  

  • Oh that does sound great! And what a great family outing. I can't wait to starting more light displays in my area.

    By Blogger Stacy, at 12/02/2005 4:56 PM  

  • I love all the lights, too. We have a custom here where they decorate the boats and do musical parades on the waterways. I hope to get pictures one of these years.
    Pam - your blog always brightens my day. The positive stories and the verse are always uplifting. Thanks for sharing yourself with us.
    I wish you and your family Merry Christmas and God's richest blessings in the new year.

    By Blogger Deb, at 12/22/2005 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home